If you stare endlessly at home design pins on Pinterest, grab home improvement magazines at checkout, and find yourself salivating over gorgeous million dollar homes online, you’re not alone. It’s normal for us to look at these beautiful, luxurious, perfect homes and wonder what it would be like to live there. Wouldn’t it be amazing to have that chef’s kitchen? An outdoor theater? A spa-level bathroom? Well you may not be able to afford that million dollar bathroom, but we do have some tips for making your bathroom a little more luxurious – without the price tag.
- Inspiration: the very first step is to figure out what you like. Spend some time online, in home improvement stores, touring open houses, or just noticing the bathrooms of your friends and family. What do you like? What do you dislike? What comforts and amenities make a bathroom more luxurious? It sometimes helps to create your “perfect” or “ideal” bathroom in your head or even on paper.
- Get Real: What are you working with in your home? Is your bathroom tiny? Weirdly-shaped? Out-of-date? If you’re going to create your luxury bathroom, you need to get serious about what you have to work with. Don’t worry if it’s small or strange – you can still make it luxurious! But you will need to be more realistic about what your options may be.
- Custom Cabinets: The fastest way to make your bathroom seem high-end, luxurious, spacious, and fancy is to invest in custom cabinetry. Not only does it look much more expensive, but it’s also a much more functional way to utilize the space that you have, no matter how small or strangely shaped. Some homeowners worry about the price, but if you go with a trusted cabinetry company like Mountain States Kitchen & Bath you will be receiving quality work for affordable prices – and it will look much more expensive than you actually paid.
- Lush Textiles: We’re not saying you need to drop a grand on a bath mat, but getting some nice textures in your bathroom will make it instantly luxurious. Soft, fluffy new towels are your first need. Then get comfortable and effective bath mats for your space – you may need 2-3 in different sizes and shapes to fit your bathroom. Consider adding a new shower curtain as well.
- Aromatherapy: Any good spa will tell you that aromatherapy is an easy but powerful way to make a space seem more calm, expensive, luxurious, and decadent. Whether you use candles, sprays, potpourri, essential oils, or other methods of aromatherapy, choose a calming, pleasant scent and enjoy the benefits.
Anyone on any budget can make their bathroom more luxurious with just a few upgrades and a little bit of planning. And let us tell you – it’s worth it!