This cold winter weather can get the best of most of us.
Seasonal Affective Disorder is a real thing, and can cause us to feel tired, depressed, apathetic, and hungry!
Many people report weight gain and fatigue during the winter months, which is not ideal with spring and swimsuits right around the corner.
Today we’re sharing with you 5 easy slow cooker recipes that can help sweep out the gloom of winter, feed your family, and hopefully keep you from turning to takeout.
Your kitchen stays cleaner and you have more time to spend with your family!
White Chicken Chili
- 1 Can White Beans
- 1 Can Corn Kernels
- 1 Can Green Chiles
- 1 Quart Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 TBSP garlic salt
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 3 Cups shredded cooked chicken (canned, Rotisserie, or cooked yourself)
- Optional Toppings: Monterrey Jack Cheese, cilantro, tortilla strips
Dump all in a crock pot and let simmer on low for 2-3 hours or more, then top with cheese, cilantro, tortilla strips, or anything else you like!
Cheesy Bacon Potatoes
- ¼ pound bacon, cooked & diced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 – 8 red potatoes, quartered
- ½ pound cheddar cheese, shredded or sliced
- salt and pepper
- Green Onions (optional
First line crockpot with foil for easy cleanup, leaving enough to cover the potatoes when finished – this will help to not stick and to steam the potatoes.
Then create a layer of each of the bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese in crockpot.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and dot with (real) butter.
Repeat layers of bacon, onions, potatoes and cheese.
Dot with butter.
Cover with remaining foil and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Top with extra cheese, sour cream, hot sauce, or anything else your family likes for a delicious dish!
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 1 – 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 2-4 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb. chicken cut into 2-3 pieces (breasts or boneless thighs)
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1-2 chili peppers or a dash of red pepper flakes for heat
- 1 large bunch of kale, torn into small pieces (roughly 2 packed cups)
Add all to a crock pot EXCEPT kale and cook on high for 4 hours.
Then add kale while you cook your favorite rice.
Serve with cilantro and lime garnish if you like, over rice!