Everyone is looking forward to getting their fall and Halloween decorations out, so here are some fall craft ideas to add to your decor!
Fall is one of everyone’s favorite holidays to decorate for, and it’s also the perfect time to make some new decorations by getting in touch with your crafty side. Here are some of our favorite DIY decorating ideas you can use throughout the season.
Fall or Halloween Wreath
A door wreath is quite literally a staple when it comes to decorating for fall, so why not craft your own? You can seek out inspiration on the internet or from your neighbors, or freehand it to ensure that it’s one of a kind and all your own! All you need is a wreath frame (it could be foam, metal, or already made of faux sticks and pine tree branches), a hot glue gun, some ribbon, and whatever other fixings you’d like. You can choose pine cones, small faux pumpkins, or any other ornaments of your choosing. Have fun, make it your own, and proudly display your masterpiece at the front of your home!
A fall-themed centerpiece makes a dining table look so inviting, doesn’t it? Well, we’d have to argue that this is one of the cutest fall craft ideas of all—a centerpiece featuring a real pumpkin! All you need is a medium pumpkin, a pumpkin gutting kit, a small vase, and a flower arrangement. Here’s how it’s done:
- Cut out an opening in the top of the pumpkin that is the same size as the vase.
- Scrape out the seeds and inside of the pumpkin.
- Fill the vase with water and flower food, then set the vase inside the pumpkin’s opening.
- Add your flower arrangement to the vase and set your beautiful new centerpiece on any table.
Trust us, with this nifty craft; you’ll have friends and family commenting on it all season long!
Mason Jar Fall Candles
Nothing screams “fall is here” quite like a candle that smells like a fresh-picked apple or pumpkin spice! For this fall craft, you’ll want to pick up some mason jars, wax flakes, candle wicks, hot glue, wax dye (optional), a way to melt your wax (microwave or stovetop will do), and a way to keep the wick standing straight while you pour the wax (may we suggest a clothespin?), and some fall-like candle scents. You should be able to find most of these supplies at your local craft store. You might also want some supplies to decorate your mason jars with. Here’s how to get started:
- In your pre-decorated mason jar, add a dot of hot glue to the inside bottom of the jar, glue down the wick, and set it aside.
- Measure out your wax and melt it using a double boiler method.
- Once your wax is melted, you can add your candle scents and wax dye and stir it together.
- Use your clothespin to keep your wick in place, and carefully pour the candle liquid into the jar.
- Set aside the jar to let the wax firm completely with the wick still secured by the resting clothespin. You might even want to let it sit overnight.
- Trim the wick down to only show about an inch and a half over the hardened wax.
- Decorate with the candle, or burn it to fill the room with a lovely fall aroma.
Love Your Home Throughout the Seasons with Mountain States Kitchen and Bath
While trying out some of these fall craft ideas and decorating for the seasons, you might find that you’re ready to take on a more significant project, like a remodeling project. Mountain States Kitchen and Bath has everything you need to get started if you’re ready to spruce up your kitchen or bathrooms. We’ll help you determine the best color palette, configuration, and materials you need to create the perfect space for you and your family.
Are you interested in learning more? We serve homes from Orem to Salt Lake City, Utah, so don’t hesitate to reach out for a consultation! Or you can visit our showroom located in Lehi. We cannot wait to serve you!