Pamper yourself with some easily homemade bath bombs! It’s simpler than you may think. This recipe makes about 15 bombs (depending on the mold). Make this recipe and wrap up these little guys to give away as gifts, or to keep around for a luxurious bath to treat yourself every once in a while. Save money while also feeling extravagant with these DIY bath bombs!
1 cup baking soda
½ cup Epsom salt
½ cup corn starch
½ cup citric acid
2 ½ tablespoons coconut oil (melted) or olive oil
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons of desired scent essential oil or extract
Large mixing bowl
Dried flower petals
Small jar with lid
15 Silicone molds
- Mix together with the whisk all of the dry ingredients (baking soda, Epson salt, corn starch, citric acid) in the large mixing bowl.
- Pour wet ingredients (oil, water, and essential oil or extract) into a jar. Cover with lid and shake until combined.
- Very slowly, about a teaspoon at a time, add liquid mixture to dry mixture. Slow down if things that to fizz up, you want to avoid activating the citric acid, which should be activated in the bath. Going slowly, you should end up with a mixture that just barely clumps together like damp sand.
- Stuff mixture into silicone molds right away.
- Let the bath bombs dry for about 24 hours.
- Remove from mold and enjoy in a bath!