Summer is knocking on our door, and with it, yummy fruit recipes that tickle our palette and taste sweet and delicious. Here are three perfect summer fruit salad recipes to choose from for your next family picnic or barbecue.
Perfect Summer Fruit Salad (allrecipes.com)
- ⅔ cup fresh orange juice
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon grated orange zest and lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple and strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 bananas
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 cups blueberries
Bring orange juice, lemon juice, orange and lemon zest to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, then simmer until slightly thickened, about five minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool. Next, layer the fruit in a large, clear glass bowl in this order: pineapple, strawberries, bananas, oranges, grapes, and blueberries. Pour the cooled sauce over the fruit. Cover and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Per serving: 155 calories; 0.6 g total fat; 0 mg cholesterol; 5 mg sodium; 39 g carbohydrates; 1.8 g protein.
Honey Lime Fruit Salad (Cafedelites.com)
Honey and lime? Absolutely! Start or end your day with a refreshing fruit salad.
- 1 pound strawberries (washed, hulled, and sliced)
- 3 kiwi fruits peeled and sliced into half-moons
- 2 mangoes peeled and diced
- 10 ounces blueberries washed
- 1 cup green grapes halved
- 9 ounce canned pineapple chunks or pieces (or ½ of a fresh pineapple, peeled and diced)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lime juice or from concentrate
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice (from canned pineapple if using)
Place prepared washed and sliced or diced fruits in a large salad bowl. Combine the honey, lime, and pineapple juice using a measuring jug. Pour the syrup over the pineapple juice, then pout the syrup through the fruit and blend well. Mix the juices accumulated at the bottom of the bowl once more before serving, in not serving immediately.
182 calories; 46 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 4 mg sodium; 459mg potassium; 5 g fiber; 36 g sugar; 580IU Vitamin A; 142.5 mg Vitamin C; 45mg Calcium; 1mg Iron.
Quick Ambrosia Fruit Salad (Tasteofhome.com)
This fruit salad takes only about 10 minutes and is healthy and just sweet enough.
- 1 can (8-¼ ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 8oz can unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup of green grapes
- 1 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- ¾ cup vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and chill until serving.
For ¾ cups: 191 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber, and 3g protein.
Bring in Summer with New Countertops
Ring in the summer season with upgraded countertops or cabinets from Mountain States Kitchen and Bath. Gephardt approved, and with hundreds of happy customers across Northern Utah, we can make your kitchen remodel a reality. Check out our portfolio to see our latest completed projects or contact us today for a free estimate.